15 Truths I Learned from 15-Year-Olds
I spent the greater part of my weekend with eight 15-year-olds. It was exhausting. It was fun. It was crazy. It made me feel like a mom. But I learned a lot. I watched their actions and listened carefully to their conversations. I reminisced about when I was 15. Tthough I often wish I was “young” again, I’m so glad have learned these lessons I didn’t know at 15.
1. It is not okay to talk about people behind their backs.
2. How you look is not the most important thing in the world.
3. If someone in authority tells you to do something, do it.
4. Always think about the other people around you and how loud you are being.
5. People’s feelings get hurt more easily than you think.
6. Some of the best times of your life will be when you stay up all night laughing about silly things.
7. Don’t be afraid to talk to older people. They will often love to talk to you and share their experiences.
8. There is no shame in singing at the top of your lungs to a song.
9. Boys are not the center of the universe.
10. The best present is not necessarily the most expensive one.
11. It does not matter who you ride with in the car for 5 minutes.
12. Do not gang up on one person, no matter how mean or annoying they are.
13. Uggs and shorts are not cool.
14. Doing homework for a 2 hours during the weekend is not that big of a deal.
15. Eat all of the junk food you can while your body doesn’t show it.
I couldn’t find any 15-year-old pictures, but here are a few blast from the past pictures of when I was 16.