My Arkansas Bucket List
A few things you should know about me before starting this post: 1. I’ve lived in Arkansas almost my entire life. 2. I can’t sit still.
Now that that’s out of the way, here’s the thing. We’re planning this super awesome trip to Europe in the fall – one that I will certainly be posting about incessantly pre- and post- trip. However, since we have limited money and limited vacation time, that means the summer is wide open. But who can live through a summer without doing anything fun?! Certainly not me. See point 2 above.
So, I’ve decided this will be the Arkansas Summer. I will go and see and do all the wonderful things my home state has to offer – some of which I’ve done before (but it’s been a while) or some of which I have yet to do, but always wanted to. For those of you who live here you know how beautiful and underrated this state is. For those of you who don’t live here, you would be shocked to see all it has to offer, and hopefully I can share a glimpse into its beauty with you.
1. Float the Buffalo River
2. Eat a famous hubcap burger at Cotham’s [Scott/LR]
3. See the new Crystal Bridges exhibit, Van Gogh to Rothko [Bentonville]
4. Dig for diamonds at Crater of Diamonds State Park [Murfreesboro]
5. Climb Pinnacle Mountain [Little Rock]
6. Go to the drive-thru wilderness safari [Gentry]
7. Climb to Hawksbill Craig and take a cliche picture
8. Enjoy an evening at the drive-in movies [Fayetteville]
9. Tour the Ozarks through railway [Springdale to Winslow or Van Buren]
Other must-dos for Arkansans, but that I’ve done regularly so not on my list: Horse races at Oaklawn [Hot Springs], Weekend in Eureka Springs, NWA breweries [read my post about that here], Concert at the AMP [Rogers], Saturday morning Farmers Market [Little Rock/Fayetteville/Bentonville], Tailgate and go to a Razorback Football Game [Fayetteville]
POST UPDATE: Check out my updated bucket list thanks to your recommendations and my new series Discover Arkansas!
Have a recommendation of something to add? See something you want to do with me? Let me know! xo xo