As I head into the last year of my 20s, I decided to create a list of things to do before I turn 30 in January. Thanks to literally everyone for helping me come up with this list. I think it’s realistic to accomplish in a year, yet will be challenging. I’ll provide a few updates throughout the year as I check things off. Starting with #1 …
Start a new adventure.I’ve worked for Walmart for 6.5 years, as my first job out of college. I’ve officially accepted a position at Clorox, and couldn’t be more excited/anxious/thrilled to start this new adventure.
- Make a complex meal 100% from scratch.
- Hike Pinnacle Mountain + eat a Hubcap burger at Cotham’s. This one stems back to my Arkansas Bucket List from a few years ago, and is one thing I really wanted to do that I never got to check off my list. This is the year!
- Successfully do a one-armed push-up.
- See a critically acclaimed show.
- Volunteer 30 hours.
- Buy all my friends a round, randomly.
- Play video games with husband for a night, complete with pizza + beer.
- Intentionally choose to stay by myself one night in a hotel. Obviously I’ve stayed by myself before, but for work or when husband was away – not intentionally.
- Learn a song on the guitar.
- Be in a play.
- Learn to play blackjack.
- Make a signature cocktail.
- Make a YouTube video that gets over 1k views.
- Start my book. This is one husband has been pushing me to do for years.
- Win at least 1 trivia night.
- Write 30 handwritten letters.
- Take a dance class.
- Go to a movie solo.
- Run 30 miles. I’m not a runner. So, no judgment please on “only 30?!”
- Die my hair pink. Again, something I’ve always wanted to do. It could just be a few strands, and it could wash out after a day. Either way, I think 29 is the best time to do it.
- Do 5 things that truly scare me.
- Give an amount of money that is significant to me and is significant to someone in need, but do it in such a way no one would ever know it was me who gave it and expect nothing in return.
- Travel to state I’ve never been to.
- Take a personal day, for no reason at all.
- Challenge myself with a new hobby.
- See someone in concert I’ve been dying to see.
- Find an artist whose perspective of the world I appreciate and buy a piece of his or her work.
- Take a spontaneous trip.
- Plan a huge 30th birthday bash.
To follow along on my journey, make sure and follow my blog via WordPress or email: