10 Things: January + February
For 2019, I’m starting a new series – 10 things. I want to capture things I’m learning in my 30th year whether tiny or bold, big or small. The rules: It can only be one sentence, and there can’t be repeating lessons from month to month. It can be something I’ve learned in prior years, but needed reminding. I’m also including one picture per month that’s symbolic of the month for me.
Since I missed the first month, we’re starting out with Jan + Feb, so here are the 20 things I’ve learned:
- 3 birthday cakes are better than 1.
- 3 happy birthday songs are better than 1.
- The sticks in shuffleboard are called Tangs and the discs are called Biscuits.
- I really can exercise every single day, even if only for 10 minutes.
- The most expensive wine does not always equal the best tasting wine.
- Don’t obsess over the weather – you can’t change it anyway.
- New year’s resolutions shouldn’t start until the first Monday of the year.
- It’s okay not to finish everything you start.
- I’m pretty positive I have seasonal affective disorder.
- Sometimes inanimate objects are really hard to say goodbye to.
F E B R U A R Y
- We have control over our fears, and they’re often not nearly as big as we make them out to be.
- I can get tired of drinking wine.
- Nobody cares or notices if you’re on third-day hair.
- Burmese food is delicious.
- Make time for Galentine’s Day just as you would for Valentine’s Day.
- If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.
- The best team building is traveling together, especially if it also includes working on a ranch in 40 degrees.
- If you want to sound sophisticated about wine, just say it has BALANCE.
- Being bold looks different for everyone.
- While February is the shortest month of the year, it definitely feels like the longest month of the year.
Pingback: 10 Things: May + June | m.davis xoxo
Pingback: 10 Things: July, August + September | m.davis xoxo