[celebrated this || a gorgeous wedding with gorgeous friends!]
[cheered on this || tailgating szn has officially begun]
[hosted this || 4th annual fall party with the best cheese + charcuterie board ever]
[enjoyed this || work travel from Florida to Canada!
You know what they say – Work Hard, Play Hard ❤️]
J U L Y
- Pedialyte popsicles are game changers.
- Even if you like Black Box wine, don’t even think about trying the whiskey.
- Bottomless mimosa brunch is always/never a good idea.
- 13 years later, Veronica Mars has still got it. #TrueLoVeForever
- People are legitimately divided on the purpose of a koozie.
- Find someone to take on their first 2am Waffle House experience.
- Have a beer with your parents’ childhood friends.
- You can do yoga poses while holding wine.
- Take your birthday off work.
- Jump in the pool.
A U G U S T
- It doesn’t matter if it’s “dry heat”, 105 degrees is too.freaking.hot.
- Traveling hungover is the absolute worst.
- 3-year-olds will ask you questions you’ve never even considered before.
- Be bold and take yourself out of a situation you don’t want to be in.
- Sometimes an ice luge is purely for show.
- Meet your significant other in another city.
- Be EXTREMELY clear to said significant other about what flight you’re on.
- Go see an Illusionist and allow your belief to be suspended, if only for 1 night.
- Don’t let the tiniest thing ruin your evening.
- Be patient; it is a virtue after all.
- PSL Cold Brew is the best drink Starbucks has ever created.
- Never let me eat Taco Bell in the car.
- Buy a newly engaged couple a bottle of wine – even when you don’t know them.
- Let celebrities enjoy time with their families.
- Trust, but verify.
- Key lime pie is always better in Florida.
- 75% of adults are magnesium deficient.
- Mix prints and just go with it.
- Open the Veuve on a random night.
- The bigger the charcuterie board = the better.
The blog is back from summer hiatus! Here’s a snapshot of our summer – from NYC to LA to everything in between. ❤
[the best live DJ ride with robin + DJ john michael
350 rides for me + 400 rides for husband!!]
[mind seriously BLOWN by Dan White, the Magician – highly recommend]
[sunset sails are my absolutely favorite]
[greenwich village: dinner at palma + snuck in to smalls jazz club]
[labor day weekend]
[soaking up the sun in manhattan beach]
[room views + hotel pools]
[ended the trip at my favorite places with my favorite people]
E V E R Y T H I N G. I N. B E T W E E N.
[LE event of the SUMMER – Stephen and Jaimie get MARRIED!!!]
[celebrated my favorite guy’s birthday with concert, cake + daquiris]
[hosted family + showed them some of our fave spots around town]
[dinner + a show with the fam]
[sunset sails, whether on the hudson river or beaver lake, never disappoint]
Summer was delightful, but now on to my favorite season of all – F A L L !
[enjoying this || a perfect summer evening with tap dance, tacos + beer]
[soaking in this || the start of summer fridays]
[dancing to this || girls night out to see our favorite 90s cover band]
[relaxing like this || the most chill 4th of july weekend with my favorite people]
Alright friends, I’m signing off for the summer!
Enjoy the longer days, the extra time with family + friends and take some time just for YOU (preferably with rosé).
I’ll be back in September with life lately summer edition, alllll the book reviews + more travel adventures! ❤
We had the best start to our vacation visiting Kyle’s grandparents in Reno! They took us to Virginia City (old western town), we explored downtown Reno, and we had lots of late night wine in grandma’s gorgeous garden.
Then we took an amazing day trip to Lake Tahoe – one of my favorite places of ever!
L A S V E G A S
Night 1: We love the Cosmopolitan + Absinthe!! If you haven’t seen the show, we highly recommend, but warning it is VERY raunchy.
Pool days are the best days!
Night 2: We still love the Cosmopolitan and didn’t leave – found amazing live music + food at Rose. Rabbit.Lie, the coolest speakeasy behind a barbershop + late night milk bar cake (and secret pizza, obviously).
Another pool day and the best breakfast sandwich I’ve ever had in my life … also won $$ on my first ever sports bet. Yay Toronto!
Fun last night at Container Park + Fremont Street
We had the best vacation spending time with family, and can’t wait to go back! ❤
In May, we celebrated 5 years in our very first home. I’m amazed by how quickly the time has gone and how much we still love it just as much as that first year. If there’s anything that could make me feel like a legit adult, this is it!
In honor of the anniversary, I wanted to capture 5 favorite memories in our home + a few things we’ve learned along the way …
- I’ll never forget our very first night in our first home. It genuinely feels just like one of those highlight reels in a move. We bought our favorite wine + beer, ordered pizza and sat cross-legged on the floor giddily talking about the future.
2. I love hosting and entertaining people, and we’ve had a lot of incredible parties at our house (My Golden Birthday, Annual Fall Parties, South by South Mouth NYE bashes, Game of Thrones finale, etc.) It’s really hard to choose just one, but I think our #WarmThisHouse party stands out the most probably because it was the very first. We hosted family + friends, ate macarons + took shots, turned our patio into a cocktail hour, and ended the night with costumes and jumping photoshoots. I love this pin board of our polaroid pics from the night that I keep in our bedroom. It reminds me of the simple things in life.
3. Here’s a life lesson: A house is hard work, but a yard is HARDER work. Boy, have we learned this. I’ll never forget the first summer in our house when I spent hours pulling freaking dandelions from the front yard. Then hours pruning our rose bushes. Then hours at the doctor with my infected hand thanks to the rose bushes. Another lesson – sometimes just spend the money to have someone help you.
4. We’ve made several updates to our home – changing light fixtures, patching holes in the wall thanks to dear ol’ Olli, but none so big as deciding to add on a deck, and husband’s only request: a hammock. It’s been some of the best money spent + best decision ever made.
5. Truly my favorite memory of all though in the 5 years of our home has been enjoying time on our front porch. There’s something so special about that white wrap-around beauty. I feel so much peace on that porch, especially in early morning and early evening. (especially in fall with a blanket, coffee + book!) I’ve planned international trips out there, had countless deep conversations with friends + intimate conversations with God, and most recently enjoyed a nice bottle of rosé to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. A lot of life has happened on this porch.
I’m so thankful to have such an amazing home to share with my family, and just as thankful to have some of our best friends living in our neighborhood. Aren’t neighbor friends so special?
I truly can’t wait to see what the next 5 years brings. ❤
[drinking this || all the beer at our favorite event, fayetteville foamfest]
[loving this || the best monday night with literally everyone at the killers!]
[enjoying this || a quick trip to LA for work, eating at my favorite restaurant, spending time with one of my favorite people + running into DIANE KEATON!!]
[cheers-ing to this || an amazing long weekend]