As I’ve shared previously, I’m working towards completing a list of 30 things before I turn 30. I’m already 3 months into the challenge, so thought it was time to share an update. Unfortunately I’ve only checked off 3 things so far … but have made progress on several others!
I’ll plan to do this every quarter so I can hold myself accountable!!
Start a new adventure.I’ve worked for Walmart for 6.5 years, as my first job out of college. I’ve officially accepted a position at Clorox, and couldn’t be more excited/anxious/thrilled to start this new adventure.
- Make a complex meal 100% from scratch.
Hike Pinnacle Mountain + eat a Hubcap burger at Cotham’s.Unfortunately, I didn’t get to eat at Cotham’s since the original location burned down last year. However, I did hike Pinnacle – and it was a doozy! The challenge was worth it, as the views were stunning, and we’re already planning another hike up in the Fall.
- Successfully do a one-armed push-up.
- See a critically acclaimed show.
- Volunteer 30 hours. (4 hours complete!)
- Buy all my friends a round, randomly.
- Play video games with husband for a night, complete with pizza + beer.
- Intentionally choose to stay by myself one night in a hotel. Obviously I’ve stayed by myself before, but for work or when husband was away – not intentionally.
- Learn a song on the guitar.
- Be in a play.
- Learn to play blackjack.
- Make a signature cocktail.
- Make a YouTube video that gets over 1k views.
- Start my book. This is one husband has been pushing me to do for years.
Win at least 1 trivia night.This one was totally out of the blue, but glad it happened the way it did. We won the poolside Hollywood Trivia on our family vacation in Mexico. Go Team Guacamole!
- Write 30 handwritten letters. (14 complete!)
- Take a dance class.
- Go to a movie solo.
- Run 30 miles. This one I’ve actually decided to update. We got a Peloton, so I’m now focused on riding instead of running. New goal: Ride 300 miles. (70 complete!)
- Dye my hair pink. Again, something I’ve always wanted to do. It could just be a few strands, and it could wash out after a day. Either way, I think 29 is the best time to do it.
- Do 5 things that truly scare me. (1 complete – Ride a snowmobile) I really was truly terrified to do this, but so glad I did it!
- Give an amount of money that is significant to me and is significant to someone in need, but do it in such a way no one would ever know it was me who gave it and expect nothing in return.
- Travel to a state I’ve never been to.
- Take a personal day, for no reason at all.
- Challenge myself with a new hobby.
- See someone in concert I’ve been dying to see.
- Find an artist whose perspective of the world I appreciate and buy a piece of his or her work.
- Take a spontaneous trip.
- Plan a huge 30th birthday bash.
BONUS: Read 30 books. (8 complete!)
Next quarterly update: Aug. 1 – I better start checking things off the list!