Obsessed (v): To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic
“When you are truly in love, you go to great lengths to be with the one you love. You’ll drive for hours to be together, even if its only for a short while. You don’t mind staying up late to talk. Walking in the rain is romantic, not annoying. You’ll willingly spend a small fortune on the one you’re crazy about. When you are apart from each other, it’s painful, even miserable. He or she is all you think about; you jump at any chance to be together.” – Crazy Love, Francis Chan
- Give freely and openly, without censure.
- Love those who hate them and who can never love them back.
- Aren’t consumed with their personal safety and comfort above all else.
- Care more about God’s Kingdom coming to this earth than their own lives being shielded from pain or distress.
- Believe that Jesus talked about money and the poor so often because it was really important to him.
- Are more concerned with obeying God than doing what is expected or fulfilling the status quo.
- Will do things that don’t make sense on this earth, in terms of success or wealth.
- Know that you can never be “humble enough” and so they seek to make themselves less known.
- Do not consider service a burden.
- Take joy in loving God by loving His people.
- Genuinely think that others matter as much as they do and they are particularly aware of those who are poor around the world.
- Orient their lives around eternity; they are not fixed only on what is here in front of them.
Are we living the profile of the obsessed?