The Three Week Cooking Challenge
As you may or may not know, we’re not the biggest fans of cooking.
As you may or may not know, we’re going to Vegas in 3 weeks.
As you may or may not know, Vegas is expensive.
Thus, the Three Week Cooking Challenge was born.
Husband and I are trying to save money for Vegas, and currently one of the things that sneaks most of our money is eating out. SO we’ve decided to challenge ourselves and not eat out until Vegas – approximately 17 days. Does that sound easy to you? Because to me, it sounds like just about the most difficult thing in the world. A few tips I think will ease the pain …
1. Work as a husband and wife team. One night I cook, one night he cooks. One night I plan, one night he plans. One night I clean, one night he cleans.
2. Leftovers are your best friend.
3. Dinner doesn’t have to be a production. Sometimes a grilled cheese and soup is all you need.
4. Frozen meals & frozen veggies are also your best friends. Lately, we’ve really been enjoying Bon Appetit Steamed Baked Meals for Two.
5. I plan on looking at this as a “class” to learn a new hobby. Instead of a knitting class, I’m taking my own cooking class.
6. We have about 25 cookbooks currently collecting dust, so I think it’s time to bust them out.
7. Crockpot. CROCKPOT! The best ever kitchen invention.
* * *
So friends, we need all the help we can get. Share your favorite easy meal in the comments below!
I’ll keep you updated on our challenge. xo xo
Awesome idea! And girl, just hit me up for recipes. I have some great blogs bookmarked that I go to regularly, and a great rotation of recipes that I regularly implement into our meal plan. You can do this!!
January 7, 2013 at 6:25 pm
Tip No. 8: Get invited over for dinner!
January 8, 2013 at 8:48 am
I can’t believe I didn’t think of that one, but you’re definitely on my level of thinking. xo
January 8, 2013 at 7:34 pm
How fun!! Here a few of my favorite cheap, filling recipes:
1. Easy, delicious and makes plenty! I don’t make the turkey ahead of time and its never been a big deal for me. http://www.simplylovefood.com/2012/02/25/southwestern-stuffed-peppers/
3. This is great with a side of sautéed spinach or broccoli. http://megnificentlife.blogspot.com/2012/05/skinny-greek-yogurt-chicken.html
January 8, 2013 at 5:57 pm
Megan, these look fantastic!! Thank you! 🙂
January 8, 2013 at 7:33 pm
Pingback: Update: Week One of The Three Week Cooking Challenge | m.davis
Pingback: The Three Week Cooking Challenge // Week 2 | m.davis
Pingback: The Three Week Cooking Challenge // Conclusion | m.davis
Pingback: life lately. | m.davis