The Three Week Cooking Challenge
As you may or may not know, we’re not the biggest fans of cooking.
As you may or may not know, we’re going to Vegas in 3 weeks.
As you may or may not know, Vegas is expensive.
Thus, the Three Week Cooking Challenge was born.
Husband and I are trying to save money for Vegas, and currently one of the things that sneaks most of our money is eating out. SO we’ve decided to challenge ourselves and not eat out until Vegas – approximately 17 days. Does that sound easy to you? Because to me, it sounds like just about the most difficult thing in the world. A few tips I think will ease the pain …
1. Work as a husband and wife team. One night I cook, one night he cooks. One night I plan, one night he plans. One night I clean, one night he cleans.
2. Leftovers are your best friend.
3. Dinner doesn’t have to be a production. Sometimes a grilled cheese and soup is all you need.
4. Frozen meals & frozen veggies are also your best friends. Lately, we’ve really been enjoying Bon Appetit Steamed Baked Meals for Two.
5. I plan on looking at this as a “class” to learn a new hobby. Instead of a knitting class, I’m taking my own cooking class.
6. We have about 25 cookbooks currently collecting dust, so I think it’s time to bust them out.
7. Crockpot. CROCKPOT! The best ever kitchen invention.
* * *
So friends, we need all the help we can get. Share your favorite easy meal in the comments below!
I’ll keep you updated on our challenge. xo xo