I’ve never been one to feel like I have to explain my decisions publicly, and despite what it looks like that’s not what this post is about.
Everyone has a way to relax after a long day, whether it be reading, watching movies, playing video games, etc. and ever since I’ve gotten Netflix mine has been watching tv shows by the season and my latest obsession is one that has gotten a lot of groans — Desperate Housewives.
Though on the surface DH is about neighborhood gossip and drama, I’ve actually learned quite a lot from this show. I spoke to this idea that tv can teach us things in my post about my Christmas break obsession Veronica Mars.
So, to all you Desperate Housewives naysayers out there, this post is for you.
1. It is very important to have a group of girlfriends you can trust.
2. You never know what happens behind closed doors.
3. If you want to test your marriage, open a restaurant.
4. Children need spankings.
5. Everyone has a secret they are willing to protect in some way or another.
6. A smile does not mean a person is happy.
7. If a husband and wife are committed to one another, there is never a fight they can’t overcome.
8. Always introduce yourself to your neighbors, baked goods in hand.
9. Stick by your significant other even if he or she is in a coma.
10. You never know what someone could be hiding in a basement.
11. Truly decide what it is that you want in life before you go after all of the wrong things.
12. Forgive and forget. Don’t let something major happens before you realize who is important in your life.
13. Always be bold and stick up for what you believe in. No matter what anyone else says.
14. Nobody’s perfect.
15. A plumber is never just a plumber and a pharmacist is never just a pharmacist.
Editor’s Note: I am only finished with the third season. No spoilers please.