10 Facts You Should Know About The Oscars
One of my favorite times of the year is red carpet season. I love to see who takes home the big awards (including Best Dressed of course!)
I’ll be back tomorrow with my Oscar party recap, but until then, happy Sunday and enjoy!
1. Only once in 80 years has a film (Driving Miss Daisy) won Best Picture without getting nominated for Best Director.
2. Amour is only the 9th foreign language film ever nominated for Best Picture.
3. Silver Linings Playbook got four acting nominations, the first time in more than 30 years that’s happened and only the 14th film to ever get all four nominations. No film has ever won all four acting awards. A Streetcar Named Desire won three of its four nominations back in the 1951 race, the only film in history to do so.
4. No film has won Best Picture in the last 30+ years without a Film Editing nomination.
5. In the past 25 years, only three films have won Best Picture without being nominated for any acting awards.
6. Only two Best Picture winners from 2000 onward had productions budgets exceeding $100 million.
7. This year in the Best Actress category includes the youngest person ever to be nominated (Quvenzhane Wallis, 9) and the oldest person (Emmanuelle Riva, 86) ever to be nominated.
8. The most nominated films in Oscar history are Titanic and All About Eve with 14 noms each.
9. The only sequel to have won Best Picture is The Godfather: Part II.
10. Meryl Streep has had the most Best Actress nominations (14) but Katharine Hepburn holds the title for winning the most in the category (4).
You might also enjoy: My Top 10 Movies of 2012, The Evolution of Movie-Going
Thanks for keeping me up to speed! Enjoy the Red Carpet!
February 24, 2013 at 12:42 pm
Pingback: And the Oscar for best party goes to … | m.davis
Pingback: Pop, Fizz, Clink! |
Pingback: Oscars 2015: Predictions |