Okay, so my marriage didn’t exactly need saving, but it got your attention, right? How about this – How One Tree Hill Made a Great Marriage Even Better.
1. Inside jokes from an absurd, but loveable teenage drama like One Tree Hill are probably the best there are.
2. Within a season we go through all the emotions together – ecstasy, admiration, terror, amazement, grief, loathing, rage, vigilance.
3. We weave into daily conversation nicknames for each other from the show, feeling like it’s our own little secret.
4. Their issues are our issues. Many a times I’ve cried about something in the show and we discuss how it would affect our life and how we would handle the situation.
5. Suspense of a plot line kept us up talking way past our bedtime, multiple times.
6. Our bonding over music has magnified – OTH is full of indie music, some we’ve heard, some we haven’t, and we’re constantly identifying the song in the background.
7. We have laughed ’til we cried because of multiple, singular lines delivered. A week later one of us says the line, and we again, laugh ’til we cry.
8. Through seeing broken relationships, one-night stands, loveless marriages – we are so thankful we found each other when we did.
9. We’ve learned the importance of not letting each other’s dreams disappear, but more so the importance that the dreams aren’t enough when we don’t have one another for support.
10. It has given us time to relax together from our busy schedules.
Oh, and a little inside joke just for K: “Whatever mom, just clean it up.”