1989 has officially been out for two weeks now, and there hasn’t been a day I haven’t listened to it. You could say I’m obsessed, which is nothing new, but this has just fueled the fire.
Mom and I have been to two Taylor Swift concerts, Fearless in LA in 2010 and Red in Nashville in 2013. When Taylor releases her tour dates, Mom and I each pick 3 cities we want to go to and if 1 of our picks matches that’s where we go. So, as you can tell, I’m anxiously awaiting her tour date release, but until then … here are 13 reasons why 1989 is everything.
1. The title of the album is not only Taylor’s birth year, but also my birth year. We’re obviously meant to be besties.
2. There’s not a single song on the album I dislike or skip when playing the album through. Unheard of.
3. She is now officially a pop artist, and a country artist, and an anything she wants to be artist. She’s Taylor Swift.
4. My favorite song changes every other day. Currently “Blank Space.”
5. “Wildest Dreams” is reminiscent of Lana Del Ray in an ethereal way. It’s just so lovely and makes me want to swoon.
6. Not all of the songs are about boys (which Husband likes to tease doesn’t exist) namely “Welcome to New York”, which is about her love of the big apple. Can I go to NYC now and sing this through the streets, please?
7. She has retained her lyrical style even though her musical style has changed completely.
8. “Shake It Off” will forever be a great dance song (past, present and future – see second video below!)
9. I’ve never liked Harry Styles or Katy Perry and this just gives me even more grounds to dislike them.
10. “Welcome to New York” is the perfect opener and “Clean” is the perfect ending to the album. It just all fits.
11. The “move the furniture so we could dance” line from “Out of the Woods” reminds me of “we’re dancing around the kitchen in the refrigerator light” section of Red’s “All Too Well” – one of my favorite songs from that album.
12. At least once a day, I sing “You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye, and I got that red lip classic thing that you like” and pretend that I always wear red lip stick and my husband looks like James Dean.
13. That each of her albums continue to make me love her more and more and more. Hats off, Tay.
And now, a video for your viewing pleasure – the newly released “Blank Space” music video. ❤
xo xo, your favorite swiftie