It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these posts, but here are a few things I love and want to share with you, so you can love them too. ❤
BOOK OF THE MONTH: Y’all know I’m an avid reader, and I’m seriously obsessed with this service! Here’s why –
1. The books are new titles with different genres to choose from
2. If you want to skip a month you can
3. It’s $14.99/month (cheaper than buying the book new from B&N or Amazon) and you can add another book into your box for just $9.99!
4. It’s been pushing me to read more because I want to finish my book(s) before the next month’s selection arrives
If you’re interested, use this link to sign up for Book of the Month – you’ll get a free book and I’ll get a free book! https://www.mybotm.com/sbucdim3rc
(I promise you won’t regret it!!)
You can also check out my book reviews here – quite a few from BOTM!
LIVING PROOF DRY SHAMPOO: I’ve tried so many dry shampoos – affordable and expensive, and this is hands down the best one I’ve tried. It’s a little more on the expensive side, but it feels like it actually cleans my hair and doesn’t leave white residue. I buy it in the big bottle for home and the small bottles to take with me when I travel!
Sephora full size: $23, mini: $13
ALLBIRDS: Husband was the first to join this bandwagon and to be honest, I was skeptical. But now, we both have two pairs each and are totally in love. They’re the perfect shoe for running errands or traveling, they’re so cute, so comfortable and you can just throw them in the wash if they get dirty. I have them in black and pink.
BURT’S BEES PEACH BLUSH: Since working on Burt’s Bees, I’ve been trying a lot of their products and loving a lot of them, but one of my current favorites is the blush. I love it in Bare Peach, but it comes in three shades. It’s 100% natural, lightweight and the coloring is perfect.
BLOW-UP POOL: If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve undoubtedly seen this pool and how much I’ve been using it this summer. In this high 90s, high humidity Arkansas weather it’s been a lifesaver! It fits 2-3 adults, has a seat and cup holders. I’d say it’s the perfect “adult kiddie pool”!
So when we bought it it was $30, but now I can’t seem to find it for less than $52 on Amazon, but definitely keep looking if you’re interested – it’s worth it!
Things I love and want to share with you, so you can love them too.
LULULEMON: Guys, I never thought I’d be that girl. I tried to fight it for so long. They always said, once you go Lulu you don’t go back, and now I completely understand. Thanks to my sister-in-law over Christmas, Husband and I got our first Lulu gear and instantly became hooked. I can’t even explain it to you, but it just feels amazing. I now have a shirt, sweater, leggings and a scarf and I love them all so much. Yes, it’s definitely expensive, but now I can’t go back.
STILA HUGE EXTREME LASH MASCARA: Thanks to Birchbox for sending me this one because I am now officially obsessed! I try new mascaras regularly, but this one has been my go-to for a while. It gives you volume and length, and it comes in a pretty gold tube. I do supplement with cheaper mascara so I don’t use this up too quickly. I purchase either online or at Ulta.
BENEFIT GIMME BROW: Thanks to Birchbox for sending me this one because I am now officially obsessed! (wait, am I having deja vu??) But for real, this is another one from the subscription service that I now cannot live without. It’s different than other eyebrow fillers because it goes on like mascara, which is kind of strange, but once you see the difference it makes you won’t believe your eyes. I use shade 3, and again purchase online or Ulta.
WOODWICK CANDLES: As of late, I love love candles. And I especially love woodwick candles. I received one as a gift a couple of years ago, and now I buy new ones every season. They make the perfect crackling sound when they’re lit, and it lasts the entire candle. It seems like the noise might be annoying, but it is surprisingly very relaxing. Even husband was skeptical at first and now loves them. You can find good deals at Home Goods and sometimes on sale at Target.
HILLSHIRE SNACKING SMALL PLATES: This one seems kind of random, but I had to share this with you if you haven’t seen these before. I love cheese and crackers, but can easily eat an entire block of cheese when I shouldn’t. This is perfect – it’s the perfect amount for a snack or even for lunch if you add in some fruit or carrots, and it’s delicious! This is great to keep in the fridge just in case. Buy at Walmart!
LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER: Husband and I are hooked on John Oliver – a weekly 30-minute show on HBO. It’s more than just a John Stewart/Stephen Colbert type show because I truly learn a lot about the week’s headlines and he goes deep into a topic each week that’s fascinating. While he delivers the news very seriously, he also adds in witty commentary. We are aligned to his political beliefs and are often cheering at the TV for saying all the things we want to say.
- Bobbi Brown Lip Balm – Sephora, $20
I’m so obsessed with this lip balm. It feels amazing, has the perfect amount of shine, and comes in a cute tin. This is a great stocking stuffer. (Hint, hint..)
- Magazine Subscription – Price varies by magazine
This is a great gift because you can choose a magazine based on the person’s interests, and it keeps giving all year round. I was gifted Real Simple for Christmas a few years ago, and thought it was such a great idea. It’s also so much more affordable than you’d think!
- Plaid Scarf – Etsy, $20
This is the BEST scarf. It’s big, cozy and perfectly plaid. I’ve seen these in local stores for $40, so this is a great deal and I can personally attest the scarf is great quality.
- Personalized Mug – Etsy, $14
This is another great gift you can personalize! For example, this one is perfect for me, but if you just search Etsy, you’ll definitely find one for anyone on your list. You could even fill it with candy, coffee, a gift card, etc.
- Zodiac Necklace – Sequin NYC, $48
My mom got me this for my golden birthday this year, and I’ve loved it. I get compliments on it every time I wear it because it’s so unique. This would make a perfect gift for the accessory lover or sign-obsessed.
- “Why Not Me?” by Mindy Kaling – Walmart, $15
Books are always great gifts. (If you need more recommendations, check mine out here!) And this is a great new book that will keep you laughing all the way through. Have I mentioned before how much I love Mindy?!
1. Joggers: New obsession of mine and husbands. I’m practically living in them any time I’m at home, and just wish I could live in them any time I’m not home. They’re so comfortable, and come in a million colors. We already have 3 in our household, and know it won’t be long before its more.
2. Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson + Bruno Mars: I’m obsessed with this song! Ask husband, any time it comes on the radio I freak out and turn it up. Even though I’ve heard it probably a million times at this point.
3. Bobbi Brown Lip Balm: This was a Christmas present from sister K and I now can’t go a day without it! It feels so good on, and gives lips the perfect amount of shine.
4. How To Get Away With Murder: This has been one of my favorite shows this season! I look forward to it every week and have been audibly surprised too many times to count. Viola Davis is perfection.
5. Salads in a Jar: I wrote a blog post about make-ahead meals, including salads in a jar. They’re so easy, delicious and versatile!
6. Podcasts: After Serial, our eyes were opened. There are so many amazing stories out there just waiting to be heard! We’ve started listening to This American Life, Invisibilia and The Dinner Party Download. There’s just not enough time in the day!
Things I love that I want to share with you, so you can love them too.
1. Beyonce – Queen Bey did it again. This album is phenomenal. I can’t stop listening to it, and I have a new favorite song every day. Current favorites: Partition, XO and Drunk in Love.
2. Chapstick Hydration Lock – I got this new chapstick in my birchbox a few months ago. (Another one of my favorite things.) I’m already a huge chapstick person, but this has just fueled my obsession. It’s so soft and creamy and vanilla-y. It’s amazing.
3. Macarons – I’d had macarons once before and wasn’t a fan. Then, my friend Mollie starting making them and they are out of this world. She might start selling them soon, in which case you can definitely expect a blog post about it so you can buy some!
4. Leopard Scarf from Nordstrom – This scarf has probably been my one favorite wardrobe piece for fall and winter. It’s cute and trendy and leopard is always versatile. Infinity scarves in general are my current fave!
5. Moscow Mule – This drink is amaaazing. Who would have known I’d like Ginger Beer?? It also doesn’t hurt that it’s served in an adorable copper mug. #love
6. Candy Crush – The first step is admitting you have a problem … I’m addicted to Candy Crush! It seems so ridiculous, but it’s so fun. (Until you get stuck on a level for weeks.)
Things I love that I want to share with you, so you can love them too.
1. Reading on an iPad I’ve had an iPad for a couple years now, but I’ve resisted reading on it because it’s just not the same, right? Well I have news for those of you who have been resisting like me – it’s pretty awesome. I bought a great book for $2.99. That’s right, $2.99. First awesome point. Second, you can highlight without ruining the pages. You can make notes without ruining the pages. You can then see all your highlighted sections and notes in one place. AWESOME. I’m sure there are lots of other awesome things you can do I just haven’t learned yet, but so far that’s enough for me.
2. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil How many of you either use Moroccan Oil or have used it in the past? My hand is raised. I loved it, but it’s pretty pricey and you can’t buy it at Walmart or Ulta. I’ve seen this Organix brand at both Walmart and Ulta for a while now and been curious how it is. So, on my trip to New Orleans, I bought a little three-pack of travel size shampoo, conditioner and oil. Guys, it changed my life. Let me spell it out for you –
Total cost of Moroccan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner (8.5oz), Treatment Oil (3.5oz): $84
Total cost of Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner (13oz), Treatment Oil (3.3oz): $22
3. Love t-shirt from Riffraff I wear this ALL.THE.TIME. To bed, with colored jeans, with leopard cardi, to workout, on road trips, on Dickson. Seriously, it looks cute always. You probably need one.
4. Hostess Cupcakes Did you know Hostess made the sweetest comeback in the history of ever? I’m not a Twinkie fan, but I do love me some Cupcakes. They also make me think of my grandfather, which is always a good thing. You should also check out hostessrecipes.com. Oh my gosh.
5. Dunkin’ Donuts Strawberry Shortcake Coffee This may look really weird, but it’s so worth a try. The first time I had it was at work. Someone was brewing it and the smell alone was amazing, then I tried some and it tasted even better than it smelled. We’ve been drinking it at home ever since. Hurry and go get some, because it’s limited time only!
6. Buzzfeed Why it’s taken me this long to catch onto this trend is beyond me. I’m totally obsessed and check the app a couple times a day. A few of my current favorites: 23 Times Mindy Kaling Perfectly Captured Your Angst, 30 Signs You’re Almost 30, 25 Ways to Tell You’re a Kid of the 90s