Currently our summer shows include Parks & Rec and Game of Thrones, but before that there was Greek. Greek follows a college freshman as he decides to go from geek to Greek, much to the dismay of his popular sister in a sorority. It’s funny, it’s heart-warming and it makes you very nostalgic for your college days.
While I wasn’t in a sorority, I learned from the show several things I missed out on by not being in the greek system, for better or for worse.
1. Secret/forbidden parties (especially those Great Gatsby themed in the basement)
2. Drama over rivalry houses
3. Crazy house mothers and b*tchy presidents
4. Sharing a bathroom with hundreds of girls
5. Hazing (including being duck-taped to a wall in the quad)
6. Annual spring break trips
7. Spending too much time and effort on functions/parties/competitions
8. Everything that rush entails
9. Shots from an ice luge
10. Buttoning yourself and your house up for parent’s weekend
You might also enjoy: How One Tree Hill Saved My Marriage, 10 things I want to do in NYC, thanks to pop culture